Of Mice and Men Plot Summaries & Analysis
This section contains summaries and analysis of each "chapter" of the novella. The main action of each chapter is described, as well as explanations of character development and thematic development.
Steinbeck did not explicitly label chapter divisions. However, the published text contains clear demarcations of sections. For simplicity we are calling each place where the text of the novella ends and starts on a new page a "chapter".
- » Chapter 1 (pages 1-16)
- » Chapter 2 (pages 17-37)
- » Chapter 3 (pages 38-65)
- » Chapter 4 (pages 66-83)
- » Chapter 5 (pages 84-98)
- » Chapter 6 (pages 99-107)